- the leak in my bathroom that started dripping on my head while I was in the shower this morning - which is a rare occurrence in itself.
- the four flights of stairs I have to climb/haul toddlers up to get to it.
- the $800 stroller & stroller gear parked in my bedroom, completely blocking my closet and not being used, because the landlord is a $%@# who decided we can't park strollers in the lobby.
- paying 5 times as much in rent as I would for an equivalently crappy apartment in Indiana.
- the 2 hour round trip commute to the kids' school I have to make every day.
- doing the dishes by hand 2-3 times a day because there is no dishwasher and because there's no counter space.
- the constant noise - traffic, loud music from rude neighbors, children screaming in other apartments and mothers screaming back at them, often very abusively.
- the 24 inch wide hallway that makes it impossible for two people (especially a pregnant person) to pass.
- the broken toilet seat that moves whenever you're too far one direction or another.
- the general tiny-ness, pretty much everywhere except the living room.
19 January 2012
10 Things I Hate about My Apartment